Butternut Squash Soup
You'll love this delicious vegetarian and gluten free soup!
- 2 Anjou pears, peeled, cored and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup low fat Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine pears and squash in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1½ tsp. olive oil and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer in pan.
- Roast in oven until squash begins to brown and soften, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat remaining 1½ tsp. olive oil on medium. Add onion and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until onion is softened and golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add pear-squash mixture and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a food processor until smooth. Garnish each serving with yogurt, pumpkin seeds and nutmeg, if desired.
Serving size: ¾ cup Calories: 120 Fat: 4.5 g Carbohydrates: 17 g Sugar: 8 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 4 g