Molten Chocolate Cake
Author: Clean Eating Online
This cake is so good it feels like you're cheating! Hard to believe it's only 250 calories a serving.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup sucanat or turbinado sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray 4 (4 oz) ramekins with olive oil spray.
- In a medium bowl combine cocoa powder and sugar. Whisk in applesauce and oil.
- In a small bowl lightly whisk egg and egg white and add to cocoa mixture, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in flour and vanilla until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide mixture among ramekins. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes.
- Centers should be soft but sides should be firm.
- Invert onto serving plates.
- Let stand a few minutes before removing cups.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 250 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 32 g Protein: 6 g