Spinach and Rice Pie
Author: Clean Eating Online
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 9 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Squeeze excess water from spinach to remove excess moisture.
- Place spinach, onion, cottage cheese, eggs, parsley, and cooked rice in a bowl. Mix well.
- Lay out sheets of phyllo on a flat pan or counter. Cover with greaseproof paper and a clean, damp tea-towel. Take one sheet of phyllo and line a lightly greased pie pan. Place a second sheet on top in the opposite direction. Repeat until 4 layers are reached.
- Brush phyllo lightly with oil. Trim with scissors about 1 inch from edge of dish. Spoon spinach filling into dish. Top with remaining phyllo as above. Brush top with lightly with oil.
- Trim top layers of phyllo to equal bottom layers. Gently fold edges of phyllo over a half inch then over another half inch to form a seam around the edge of pie.
- Make a vent on top of pie. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Calories: 201 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 25 g Sugar: 2 g Sodium: 329 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 10 g